How is everyone doing with their New Year’s resolutions? Did you make any? Honestly, I didn’t. I know I should eat healthier, exercise more, organize my life, have more fun, don’t work as hard and all that other stuff. I’m fully aware of all this. But baby steps is key, and for me, it’s like VERY SMALL baby steps. Which is why I’m starting with these homemade chocolate granola yogurt parfaits. It doesn’t feel like I’m eating healthy (and maybe it’s not THAT healthy) but it’s a small step in the right direction….with chocolate!
- Chocolate granola!!!! Chocolate + nut butter + more chocolate = amazing! It’s super crunchy and the chocolate just melts in your mouth as you bite into it. The almond nut butter is so perfect with this and the hint of coffee jolts me awake in the morning!
- The yogurt is sweet and refreshing and pairs perfectly against the chocolate granola and I love Greek yogurt because it’s so creamy and filling!
- The toppings, OMG the toppings! You can add WHATEVER you want to this parfait, that’s the best part! I like to add fruit of course (who doesn’t?) and just about any fruit will be perfect in these parfaits. Don’t forget to add some extra crunch with nuts like almonds or hazelnuts and those pretty dried rose petals!
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup of dark chocolate shavings
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- Raw almonds, dried rose petals and orange slices
- Preheat the oven to 275F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and coffee. Mix together then add the oats. Stir until combined.
- Spread the oats over a large, greased baked sheet and place in the oven. Stir every 10 mins until the oats become crunchy (about 40-50 mins). Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Let it cool.
- Mix the greek yogurt and honey together. Set aside.
- To serve, layer the chocolate granola and yogurt in a glass. Top with citrus slices, almonds or anything else you want to use as toppings (chocolate shavings and berries would be good too!)
Don’t forget to tag your photos with #littlekitchenbigworld and follow us on Instagram @littlekitchenbigworld!