Because cheese!? Or peaches! No…definitely because cheese!
This dish really DOES have all my favourite summer flavours packed inside! It’s obvious that I’m obsessed with peaches right now, you guys already know that. Pesto is practically a staple in my house, it seems like almost any meal can be made better with a spoonful of pesto on top, and I’m always usually right about that.
And then there’s the brie! Brie is gooey, creamy and sinfully addictive. OK so truth time, my guilty pleasure lately (and by that, I mean for the last 5 years) has been eating brie cheese by myself with a box of crackers while watching reality TV. There’s no way I’ll admit to what shows I watch but it’s pretty embarrassing. Sometimes I class it up and cut the brie with a knife beforehand, other times I just scoop it out with the cracker. Let’s be honest though, if I could just take bites out of the brie wheel without judging myself, I would!
But for now, I’ll stuff the brie into chicken breasts. At least this way I look like I’m winning at the whole dinner thing, but we all know the truth!
This stuffed chicken recipe is perfect for weeknight dinner plans. I love an easy dinner recipe, but who doesn’t!?!? These stuffed chicken breasts are loaded with sweet, juicy peach slices and soft, gooey brie cheese before being topped with pesto and baked until the chicken becomes crispy on the outside. The brie oozes out as you cut into the chicken and the pesto creates a crispy, flavourful coating around the chicken. Are you hungry yet? Because my stomach just grumbled.
I added some extra peach slices to the baking tray while the chicken cooked because like I said, I’m obsessed with peaches! I topped the cooked chicken breasts with the extra peach slices and more pesto before we dug in.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 peach, cut into thin slices
- 4 ounces brie cheese, cut into slices
- 6-8 basil leaves
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- To make the pesto, combine the ingredients (except for the olive oil and S&P) in a food processor and pulse while pouring the olive oil in a slow stream. Stop when the olive oil has emulsified and set aside.
- Prepare the chicken. Lengthwise, cut the chicken in half without cutting all the way through. Open the chicken like a book. Place 4-5 peach slices on the bottom half, then 2 slices of brie cheese and 2 basil leaves. Place the other half of the chicken breast back over the bottom half like closing the book. Place ½ tbsp of pesto over the top of the chicken breast and spread over the chicken. Repeat with other chicken breasts.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
Don’t forget tag your photos with #littlekitchenbigworld and follow us on Instagram @littlekitchenbigworld so we can see what you’re cooking!