I have an amazing brownie recipe for you guys today! I’m so excited about these triple chocolate brownies swirled with chocolate chip cookie dough. I know right? This one is packed full of gooey chocolate, baked into more chocolate and drizzled with chocolate. Yeah, we don’t mess around when it comes to brownies! For real, these gooey treats are swirled with cookie dough before being baked, so it’s half brownie, half chocolate chip cookie and there’s no going back to regular brownies after this. Wait, who am I kidding, I’d eat ALL the brownies!
We’ve had another busy week around here. There’s been a crazy amount of family events since we just welcomed our new niece into the world so things have gotten busy. Anything I cook or want to cook is centered around my brother’s new family so blogging has, unfortunately, taken a bit of a back seat. That, and I’ve been feeling totally uninspired and discouraged lately around food blogging. But more on that in the next post.
These brownies were definitely my FAVOURITE thing I cooked up, or rather baked up, this week. I mean, can you blame me? I may have made these a few couple times just to make sure they were perfect…of course….you know…because of quality assurance and all that. Ha! They were just too addictive, and I may have eaten my body weight in chocolate, flour and sugar the last few days, but it was totally worth it!
These brownies are thick and gooey and swirled with chocolate chip cookie dough. The time went by as a blur as I ate these. I can’t remember how many I actually ate, but that’s probably a good thing because I’m sure it would be too many to admit over the internet.
- 10 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips semi sweet
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
Chocolate Chip Cookie:
- 1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- To make the brownies, melt the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Add in the eggs, sugar and vanilla and whisk together. Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt and then fold in the pecans. Divide the batter into 2 bowls and set aside.
- To make the chocolate chip cookie dough, cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in the vanilla and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt then add to the wet ingredients and mix together. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Alternate scoops of brownie batter (from one bowl only) and cookie dough in the pan. Use the extra brownie batter and layer on top, swirling the batter through the cookie dough batter. Bake for 35-40 mins until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the brownies cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack then cut into squares.
- While the brownies are cooling, make the glaze by combining all the ingredients. Adjust the thickness by adding more milk or icing sugar (more milk if too thick, more icing if too thin). Drizzle over the brownies and serve.
The nuts give it the perfect amount of crunch as you bite through the gooey chocolate. The chocolate chip cookie is soft in some areas and caramelized in others, so each bite is different and decadent. The brownies are gooey, soft and overloaded with chocolate, just like they should be!