Can we please talk about these scones today! I can’t stop staring at them and my mouth is watering as I write this post. These buttery, dark chocolate scones are loaded with juicy blackberries and topped with a sweet, gooey chocolate glaze. How can you possibly resist this recipe? I can’t, and didn’t! So you shouldn’t either! I’m not a master baker, but these scones take 10 minutes to mix up and are on your table within the hour, and that is NOT a bad thing (except if you eat 6 of them in a row like I did, that might not be good….).
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, grated
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1½ tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda. Add the grated butter and use a fork or pastry cutter to mix together.
- Mix together the milk and yogurt. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Add the chocolate and blackberries and fold gently to combine. Do not overmix.
- Lightly flour your work surface and place dough on the surface. Form a round disk approx 1.5 inches high and cut into triangles. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake until cooked through (approx.15-20mins). Let the scones cool on a wire rack for 15 mins.
- To make the glaze, combine the milk, cocoa powder and icing sugar. Add more milk if it's too thick. Drizzle over the scones and serve warm.
Don’t forget to tag your recipes with #littlekitchenbigworld and follow us on Instagram @littlekitchenbig world! We’d love to see what you’re cooking!