It’s finally spring (yeah I’m a little late at noticing this) but we finally had our first actual BEAUTIFUL day of spring. I couldn’t resist looking at all spring produce in the grocery store today, so I made this spring time pasta with asparagus, lemon and prosciutto as my excuse for buying ALL of the food today. This pasta takes almost no time to make but is loaded with fresh herbs, roasted asparagus, lemon zest and prosciutto. This recipe will definitely be on my spring dinner rotation for the next couple months. I loved how easy it was to make and the amazing flavours that come through.
- 1 package of long pasta (your preference), cooked according to package directions, 1 cup of pasta water reserved
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 15-20 spears), trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 prosciutto slices, torn into pieces
- Cook pasta according to package directions then drain, making sure to reserve 1 cup of pasta water to use in sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Toss the asparagus in the olive oil,salt and pepper and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 mins, being careful not to overcook it. Remove from the oven and cut into thirds. Set aside.
- In the mean time, in a large pan, heat the butter over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Add in the garlic and let it cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the cream cheese and then whisk in the pasta water. Stir in the parmesan cheese and let it cook for 2-3 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add in salt and pepper to taste, parsley and lemon zest.
- Add the cooked pasta and the asparagus to the sauce and toss to coat the pasta. Sprinkle the torn pieces of prosciutto over the pasta then serve.
Don’t forget to tag your photos with #littlekitchenbigworld and follow us on Instagram @littlekitchenbigworld!