I had to do it! I’ve been seeing so many grilled brie recipes out there so I really needed to make one for myself. This grilled brie recipe is topped with fresh honey thyme peaches and crusty bread for a really easy appetizer (or lunch for 1 if you’re like me!). The peaches are juicy and sweet and go so well with the gooey, melted brie. It’s spicy, sweet, salty, gooey and everything that makes a brie recipe so good!
It’s been taking up a lot of our free time, which we have so little of in the first place! So since we haven’t had much time to cook lately (and you KNOW how much I LOVE to cook!!), we’re eating simple things, easy bits and bites that will satisfy our hunger. This grilled brie was perfect for that! We grilled it up the other day after another day of seeing houses. With a loaf of crusty bread, white wine and some extra chili flakes for a kick, we talked about the houses we loved and hated.
I grilled the brie for only a few minutes on each side, just enough to get the brie oozing out when you cut it and the grill marks make for a delicious charred taste with the fresh peaches. OMG I’m drooling as I write this. The bread is toasted in honey butter before serving, but let’s be honest, it’s totally meant to be a vehicle to shove as much brie in your mouth as possible! Can we just eat this all day long?? This would be perfect to serve at a summer get together with friends since it’s so dangerously easy to make. But that’s only if you want to share it with others – I HAD to share it with my husband because marriage is about compromise they tell me. Oh the sacrifices I make!
- 1 round of brie cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced peaches
- 3 tbsp honey, divided
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar (or regular balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 loaf of bread cut into slices
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and place brie in the hot pan. Cook for 4 minutes on each side (do not move the brie, this will allow the grilled marks to form). Remove from grill once cooked on both sides.
- While the brie is cooking, mix together the butter and 1 tbsp of honey. Spread over the bread slices and bake in the oven until toasted, about 5 minutes, flipping once.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peaches, remaining 2 tbsp honey, balsamic vinegar, chili flakes and thyme. Mix together and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the brie on a serving plate and top with marinated peaches. Drizzle extra honey over top. Serve with toasted bread.
I topped the still-warm grilled brie with the honey thyme peaches and drizzled extra honey on top before we dug in. How do you like to eat your brie?? Have you ever grilled it before?