Phew, that title is a mouthful! But it doesn’t matter because I’m so excited right now!! It’s breakfast month on the blog and I have been waiting forever to share my favourite breakfast recipes with you guys. So to start off the week, we’re eating these grilled peaches with honey-whipped mascarpone and crunchy chocolate granola.
Breakfast month started off as my husband’s idea. To him, breakfast is awesome. I could give him breakfast food any time of the day and the guy would be smiling from ear to ear. I can top any food with a fried egg and he’ll say it’s the best meal EVER. So after another breakfast-for-dinner night, he casually mentioned that a breakfast month on the blog would be cool. I knew right away what was going on. It was so obvious that all he wanted was to eat more breakfast foods! I laughed and agreed, OK. He’s my taste-tester, my prop holder and my sounding board for all things food. I’ve tried out a few recipes that have been complete disasters and he’ll still eat it with gusto. So I feel like I owe him this series of blog posts.
It’s peach season here so these late summer peaches are absolutely perfect to kick off breakfast month. These grilled peaches with mascarpone cheese and granola are easier to make than you think! Sure it sounds fancy, but you can prep most of it ahead of time! Make up the granola and whipped mascarpone the night before and then grill the peaches in the morning.
You need to make these for breakfast now because:
- PEACHES! I love peaches this time of year. They’re slightly soft, super juicy and really sweet. It’s definitely peach season here so how could I NOT start off the series with these delicious stone fruits. You could even put these grilled peaches over yogurt, French toast or pancakes. Bonus!
- Mascarpone cheese has easily become one of my favourite things in the kitchen. I mean, c’mon, it’s slightly sweet, cheesy, creamy and you can throw it over almost every breakfast dish to feel like you’re fancy. The mascarpone is whipped with honey to give it a sweeter and lighter taste and all I want to do is to eat it straight out of the bowl!
- Chocolatey, nutty, super crunchy granola that goes perfectly on top of the soft, juicy peaches and mascarpone. Who is going to resist chocolate granola?? This breakfast recipe will definitely be on my breakfast rotation. I love how easy it is to assemble everything before settling into a gorgeous bowl of these peaches.
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup nuts, almonds, pecans,
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 6 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- To make the granola, preheat the oven to 300F. Combine the oats, nuts, sugar, cocoa, oil and maple syrup in a bowl and stir to combine. Spread the mixture out on a baking pan and bake in the oven for approx. 30 minutes, stirring it every 10 mins. Let it cool before serving.
- To make the grilled peaches, mix the olive oil and honey together and baste over the peach halves. Heat the grill to medium high and place the peaches on the grill, skin side up. Grill for approx. 10 mins until slightly softened. Remove from the grill and let it cool slightly, approx. 5 mins
- For the mascarpone cheese, whip the cheese with the honey.
- To serve, place a dollop of mascarpone cheese over the peach halves and top with a sprinkle of granola.
I’m so excited for you all to make this for breakfast. If you do, don’t forget to tag your photos with #littlekitchenbigworld