Ok, for a minute can we just talk about how delicious this looks? That Nutella layer has me swooning and craving something seriously sugary right now. Every time I look at this post I can almost taste the cookie and Nutella combination so I start raiding my cupboards for something that will satisfy my craving.
This post has cost me 4 large spoonfuls of peanut butter, 1 package of chocolate chips and the last 2 scoops of frozen yogurt out of my fridge (don’t tell my husband).
S’mores isn’t something our family has been really familiar with but I totally wish we were. We’re Indian so when we camp, there’s Indian-spiced barbecue corn on the cob, tandoori chicken on the grill and naan wrapped in tin foil and grilled on the open fire – we think we’ve got the whole the camping food thing figured out. Other campers look on curiously, wondering about the smell that has invaded the camp site, tantalizing their nostrils. But there’s something that we just can’t match – the s’more. The crunchy wafers, slightly melted chocolate and gooey marshmallows that stick to your fingers are something you just can’t compete with!
So since it’s finally ice cream season (woo hoo!), I knew that I had to include that into my s’more recipe. The ice cream truck outside my house seems to remind me of this every day! So I mean, how could I not include it?? This recipe includes a double, creamy layer of Nutella with chocolate ice cream sandwiched between two buttery, chewy chocolate chip cookies. I can practically smell the sugar while I write this post or maybe it’s the jar of Nutella sitting next to me?! Either way, I want to eat these again and again. The cold ice cream hit me first, dripping down my chin and my hands while I try to consume the sandwich before it melts on me. I’m left chewing the last of the cookie and licking my fingers to make sure every last bit of Nutella is consumed.
OK so here goes nothing:
– Chewy, chocolatey, buttery chocolate chip cookie
– A generous layer of Nutella
– Chocolate ice cream…but peanut butter or chocolate chip ice cream would be equally as amazing!
– Gooey, toasted homemade Nutella marshmallow
– Another layer of Nutella and another cookie to top it off
You don’t HAVE to make these marshmallows at home, but why not!?!? It’s another way to add in the creamy Nutella and they’re so good to eat on their own too! Marshmallows are a bit sticky and gooey to make (I was cleaning marshmallow off of every counter for days) but it was totally worth it and this is a fun recipe to “taste-test”.
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 envelops of unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1¼ cup corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Ice cream - chocolate preferably but you can use whatever you want!
- To make the marshmallows, follow the directions After the marshmallow mixture is poured into the baking dish, place dollops of Nutella over the mixture and then swirl it using a toothpick. Toast each marshmallow using a blow torch.
- To make the cookies: cream together the melted butter and sugar in a stand mixer. Then add the eggs and vanilla. Whisk together the flour and baking soda in a separate bowl and slowly add to the batter in the mixer. Stir in the chocolate chips. Form 1 inch cookie dough balls on a greased pan and place in the fridge for 15 mins to firm up. Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake the cookies for 12-15 mins and place on a rack to cool.
- When the cookies have cooled, spread a generous layer of Nutella over each cookie. Take one cookie and place a scoop of ice cream on top followed by a toasted marshmallow. Add another cookie, Nutella side down, to form a sandwich. Repeat with the remaining cookies until all the sandwiches are made. Serve immediately!
Let me know how it goes and don’t forget to tag your photos with #littlekitchenbigworld.