This is the best breakfast mashup ever! This oatmeal latte is made with cinnamon maple oatmeal topped with strong coffee, frothed milk and a crunchy peanut butter granola. It’s sweet, filling, healthy-ish and loaded with caffeine for that morning kick. You can sip this creamy latte but make sure use a spoon to get all the good oatmeal and nut bits at the bottom. This latte is so satisfyingly warm and cozy and totally perfect for these cold mornings!
I’m not usually a breakfast person. I know that’s really bad to say and I know that you should NEVER skip breakfast, but I’m THAT person who would rather sleep an extra 5 minutes. But I could do this oatmeal latte every day because it’s just that good!
It’s basically a latte mixed in with oatmeal and then topped with crunchy granola that’s loaded with creamy peanut butter. Actually, that’s EXACTLY what it is. Ha! Have your breakfast and caffeine fix in one bowl? Yes please! It’s a to-go breakfast mashup that can be enjoyed at home or on your way to work. I could eat this every day, knowing that each spoonful is giving me my caffeine fix. What about you??
It’s so simple to make, which is what I need in the morning when I’m half asleep. In a sauce pan, steam together milk, cinnamon, oats and maple syrup over the stove. Pour the oatmeal into a mug and top with strong coffee or espresso and granola. If you’re feeling fancy, add a generous pour of steamed milk or whipped cream before topping the mixture with granola. Make sure to eat this with a spoon though so you get all the good bits at the bottom.
The granola is really simple and can be adjusted to use anything that you have in the pantry! Which is kind of what I did. Mix together some kind of combination of raisins, nuts, coconut, and oats. Stir in the wet ingredients and then bake! It makes a pretty big batch so you can eat these oatmeal lattes for days!
How are you handling these freezing cold temperatures? What foods are warming you up? This oatmeal latte with peanut butter granola will be getting me through these mornings. I absolutely love how you can mix up the recipe and tailor it to what’s in your kitchen right now. Add cinnamon or don’t! Use walnuts or peanuts instead of pecans. Add cardamom, ginger and star anise to the oatmeal for a chai flavour (WHOA! I think I just broke my own brain on that one! Yummmmmm J) fix.
Peanut Butter Granola:
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Strong coffee
- Whipped cream (optional) and peanut butter granola
- Preheat oven to 300F. Stir together the oats, pecans, almonds and coconut flakes. Mix in the coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and peanut butter. Stir until combined. Spread out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and place in the oven. Bake for 55-60 minutes, stirring at 15 minute intervals to allow the nuts to be evenly toasted. Remove from oven and let it cool before eating. Store for up to 1 week or longer if kept in the fridge.
- To make the oatmeal latte, in a medium saucepan, steam the milk, oats, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract over medium heat. Whisk frequently until the milk starts to steam (do not let it boil!). Pour into a mug and top with strong coffee. Add whipped cream if using and top with granola. Enjoy with a spoon!
Don’t forget to tag your photos with #littlekitchenbigworld and follow us on Instagram @littlekitchenbigworld so we can see what you’re cooking!!