This garlic butter roasted chicken is quite possibly one of the most heavenly things that has come out of my oven. I’m serious, the crispy chicken skin is so good and it just got even better by topping it with parmesan cheese and broiling it until it forms ANOTHER crispy crust on top. So it’s cheesy, extra crispy and super flavourful while the chicken remains super tender and juicy. Win!
This roasted chicken is rubbed in a generous amount of garlic butter, slowly cooked and then finished with a parmesan crust. Whoa! Yeah, not only does it marinate in butter and it’s own juices, we just had to top it with cheese and broil it for a crispy, cheesy crust. Has your mind blown yet? I take full responsibility if it has! Because when a recipe this good happens, how can I NOT share it with you?
I roasted this chicken for 2 ½ hours, basting it every 30 minutes. When it was almost done, I grated parmesan cheese over top then broiled it for 2 minutes until it started to bubble. That parmesan bubbles over fast so watch it carefully! Our roasted chicken just got even better!!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 whole chicken
- kitchen twine
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, paprika, salt/pepper and chili flakes.
- Rub the butter mixture over the chicken. Tie the legs together with chicken twine. Place the chicken in an oven safe dish (a cast iron skillet or roasting pan). Place the dish in the oven and let it cook for 2½ hours, basting it every 30 minutes.
- When the chicken is done roasting, sprnkle the parmesan cheese over the chicken. Switch the oven to broil and place the chicken under the broiler. Once the cheese starts bubbling (about 2 minutes) remove from the oven. Let it cool slightly before serving.
Don’t forget to tag your photos with #littlekitchenbigworld and follow us on Instagram @littlekitchenbigworld!