We made it through another week! Go us! And we’re half way through January which means that spring is coming soon….right? RIGHT??? So we’re celebrating with pancakes!
I’m so excited to share these pancakes with you. In all honesty, I made these for myself on my birthday and I ate the ENTIRE stack of pancakes on my own in minutes….while I sat on the floor….with a bottle of maple syrup in my hand. It’s mostly a blur but I do remember eating every single bite of it, with a copious amount of the roasted berries and whipped cream over top. Oh god.
And those roasted berries? OMG they’re definitely my favourite part! They’re so simple to make and would go perfect over any other dessert you got going on – ice cream, scones, chocolate cake…and now I’m drooling over my keyboard. These berries are meant to be served warm so they’re oozing down your pancakes and give off that delicious cinnamon and buttery taste that you know you want! The berries are just super cozy and will warm you up on those winter mornings.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup toasted, flaked coconut
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of mixed berries
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp butter
whipped cream and icing sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Mix together the berries, cinnamon, vanilla, honey and butter in a large bowl. Place the mixture in a baking dish and roast for 30 minutes, stirring half way through. Remove and let it cool slightly.
- To make the pancakes, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together then pour into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined (do not overmix so they come out fluffy!).
- Heat a griddle to medium heat and pour ¼ cup of pancake batter on the griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the bottom browns and bubbles form. Remove from heat.
- Place the pancakes on a plate and top with whipped cream, iciing sugar and roasted berries.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag your photos with #littlekitchenbigworld and follow us on Instagram @littlekitchenbigworld!