Does this still count as “healthy-eating”?? I’m not sure to be honest, I’d like to say “hell yes!!” but I feel like I ate more naan than I should have and loaded it with too much feta dip to be called “healthy”. I can’t help it, this whipped feta dip is really addictive – to a point that the naan bread basically became the vehicle to scoop as much of the feta into my mouth as I could! For real though, warm naan bread and cheese dip, it can’t possibly get better than this, right??
I baked the naan bread beforehand in the oven, because who doesn’t like warm, buttery naan!? It practically melts in your mouth and the cheese dip oozes over the sides as you eat it. I could eat the naan bread just on its own, but it’s really even better with the feta and tomatoes (obviously!!).
I’m so happy it’s finally tomato season! Yay! We just planted our cherry tomato plant and I’m getting impatient while it still grows, so for now I’m at the grocery store but at least the tomato aisle got a lot bigger. Double yay! I love biting into those little juicy tomatoes, it’s so satisfyingly delicious. Did I mention that we planted our garden? We have A LOT of tomato plants, mostly because my husband loves tomatoes and last year I barely got to eat them because he kept picking them off the vine and eating them before I got a chance. Sneaky!
This naan bread “crostini” would be so perfect to serve at a dinner party, or just to make all for yourself and I won’t judge – this is a safe place!! I think it would make a great lunch idea too, just pack the dip, tomatoes and naan separately so it doesn’t get too soggy. I would totally look forward to that lunch, and you KNOW I need to look forward to lunch to get through my work day!
Whipped Feta Dip:
- 6 oz feta cheese
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp of roughly chopped herbs (I used equal parts mint, chives, parsley, basil)
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon + juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- To make the whipped feta, add the feta and yogurt to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add in herbs and pulse until herbs are finely chopped. Drizzle in olive oil and lemon juice/zest and pulse until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste (you may not need too much salt as the feta makes this dip taste salty already!). Refrigerate before using.
- To make the tomatoes, add the tomatoes, olive oil and herbs to a bowl and mix together. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut the naan into 2 inch strips. Butter the top side of the naan slices and place in the oven for approx 5 minutes until the butter is melted and naans become soft. Remove from the oven. Spread the feta dip over the naan slices and top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
Don’t forget to tag your photos with #littlekitchenbigworld and follow us on Instagram @littlekitchenbigworld so we can see what you’re cooking!